FAN☆NALLY Club: Interview to Eric Nally by "The Blade"

Interview to Eric Nally by "The Blade"



There's a new interview to Eric Nally by "The Blade", in the "music/theatre/dance" section, titled "Toledo native touring with Macklemore, finalising solo album"

This interview was done during a day off tour Eric had in Cincinnati with his family, after arriving from Australia where he performed with Macklemore at the National Rugby League. Performing "Same Love", a song about gay people's rights with the disapproval of the prime minster caused some controversy. About this, Eric said that being part of that opportunity is "literally the stuff dreams are made of. I dreamed about this when I was a kid, and here we are." 


Nally explained how the new single "Ain't Gonna Die Tonight" came together during the album "This Unruly Mess I've Made" tour. Eric and Ben took an uber through a "Texas chainsaw massacre area" and joked along the way about if they were going to die that night. 

About the meaning of this lyrics Eric said "there's nothing that's going to stop you from doing what you know you were put here on this earth to do, and that's the feeling I get. Nothing is going to stop me. Even if I die the spirit lives on. It's something so powerful it's universal, it's invincible and that's what fuels me when I'm alive, and what's going to keep que alive even when I'm gone." 

They also talk about his solo album Madville, which is already finished but with no release date, and about how each song in produced by different producers

We discover how the habit of eating lit cigarettes onstage all began. "Someone was smoking a cigarette in the from row and I took it out of their mouth and ate it. After that people started throwing cigarettes." 


He doesn't regret anything he did with Foxy, as they "took all the right steps" and "didn't try to get what we didn't really deserve." 

We can deduce that Eric still sees some future with Foxy Shazam, "I still feel there's another chapter to be told with Foxy or chapters in my life with you the band". 


The interview is concluded with a beautiful declaration of Eric about the fear of acting with the recent shooting in Las Vegas. "I can't let fear control me like that. I'm not gonna let that kill the one thing I feel like I can contribute to the world that would change it for the better.  The beautiful thing about what I do and what I'm doing is this is what I would die for."

Thank you Geoff Burns for this interview of our idol, to let the people throughout the world know not only his magnificent music, but also his even better way of thinking and personality. 💓

You can read the full interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment